A Buyers Guide: Signs That You Need to Call an Appliance Repair Technician
You’re up in the middle the night doing the laundry, then all of a sudden you just feel that something is not right with your washing machine. Because you’re not an expert in appliance repair, you continue doing your laundry in the hopes that the problem will just go away.
Before you continue on with your laundry or other appliance, sometimes it’s important to simply just trust your gut and call a service technician to check up your machine before it breaks down.
Listed below are some key signs that you need to take into consideration before calling a technician.
- Your washer or dryer has already started making some weird noises. In the beginning, the appliance operates very quietly and was a dramatic improvement over the last one you had, but now it’s making some unexpected noises.
- Your oven or stove does not heat up to the desired temperature. If you ever start to notice that your stove is not functioning as it used to, it may be time to call appliance repair technician to get it looked at.
Your dishwasher is generally old. Like a car, as time progresses, parts will start to breakdown motors will start to wear and any circuitry used inside the machine will start to be stressed. If your appliance has been used for a very long time in general, that it is definitely time to have someone take a look at it.
- Unusual power draws in the home. If you notice that your lights start the flicker when you turn on your refrigerator, it probably means that it is drawing more power to compensate for a part that’s worn down. Other signs include a blown or resetting fuse.
- The washing machine is leaking. Even in new units, it’s very common that you might start to see leaks. This may be caused by something as little as a screw that has come loose or a tube that hasn’t been properly secured, or in the worst case could be oil from the unit itself. All of which is a very good reason to call an appliance repair technician before it turns into more serious problem.
- The knobs on the stove are hard to turn. Understanding that underneath the knob that you’re turning, is a complex array of electrical circuits, it often happens that dust or water or sometimes grease can get inside the circuit board. When you start to notice that these knobs have trouble turning, do not force it. Contact professional appliance repair technician.
- You notice that the washer has “walked”. This was commonplace in older appliances when it was in operation the motor and mechanical parts for working so hard that the washer literally starts to move in any direction. When this happens the quick fix is to make sure that the feet of the machines are aligned to the floor.
Most Common Reason of Appliance Breakage
Generally, home appliances have been designed to last 10, 15, 20 years depending. As even well-made appliances start to age, there are different problems that appear with time and if are not looked after as soon as possible might cause further problems that will be more expensive to repair.
One of the most common reasons why your appliance breaks down is because it may have been overloaded well beyond the appliance manufacturer’s specifications. We can all understand that there are some days where we have an extremely large load of laundry to do, or extra dishes to wash, so we simply throw them in. The appliances are then stressed beyond their capacity and will contribute to shortening the life of the unit itself.
The second most common reason an appliance breaks down is because of the quality of the electrical power that enters your home. Depending on your power provider your appliance may be exposed to power surges or may be affected by storms and power outages, that are not only happening in rural areas but downtown Toronto as well.
Why Call an Appliance Repair Technician?
In conclusion, it is always important to keep the contact of the service technician that will be available to repair your broken appliances at a moment’s notice. It is also very important that you communicate as many details about your appliance malfunctions as possible.
Make sure that the technician knows about your appliance make and model beforehand, has the parts available, and hopefully available the same day to repair your malfunctioning appliance. You also want your appliance repair technician to be local to get faster to your home, whether it is Downtown Toronto, Scarborough, or Vaughan.